Saturday, May 23, 2009

05.23.09

Ice Cream Cake

Tonight I made this cake for a BBQ at my parent's house tomorrow. It's one of the easiest cakes anyone could ever make. All you need to do is buy ice creams that you feel go well together, I decided on Chocolate Swirl and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I've done up to 3 ice creams in one cake, but I'm sure you could do more. Next, buy already baked cake in whichever flavor you feel goes with your ice cream flavors. I chose a chocolate and vanilla swirl this time. Of course you have the option to bake your own cake, but you really won't be using the entire thing so why put all the effort into it?!

Once you have the ice cream and the cake, line a glass bowl with cling wrap. Layer the ice cream flavors in the bowl. It's always good to make sure the ice cream is soft enough, so let it sit out for awhile beforehand. Once all the ice cream is in, place slices of cake at the top making sure you cover all the ice cream. Place in freezer until ready to eat! It's that simple.

Let it sit out for 5-10 minutes before serving, then flip upside down on a plate. The bowl should just slide right off. (If the bowl is hard to remove, I have even placed it in warm water for a bit to loosen it up). Remove cling wrap, serve and enjoy!!

1 comment: