Monday, March 23, 2009

03.23.09

3rd grade Math

For one hour on Mondays, I help Annette's niece Ashley with Math. When they told me I would be helping her with adding and subtracting fractions, I actually went online and gave myself a little refresher course. This was never my favorite subject in school and I don't think I would have ever passed the math sections of the CSET and CBEST (for my credential) without Anthony's help. I don't think we even learned fractions until 4th or 5th grade when I was in school, so this is some complicated stuff for a 3rd grader. During the hour, we work on homework and I bring these worksheets that I just print from online...there are so many useful websites for teachers, it makes things much easier. So far, she's doing a really great job!

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember how to do fractions on paper. When I'm cooking, I'm a whiz with fractions, but I have no idea how to do it that way. I would need a refresher course too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fractions are why calculators were invented.

    ReplyDelete